Tsuruoka Park つるおかこうえん
Castle of Shonai Feudal Lord Sakai Family: Tsurugaoka-Joshi Park
This park was developed on the ruins of “Tsurugaoka Castle” which was used as the residence of Shonai feudal lord Sakai Family; the moat, stone walls, and several hundred years old Japanese cedars remind us of the existence of a castle. Located in the heart of the city, this park is home to beautiful flowers all through the year. Among those flowers, cherry blossoms on 730 trees on the premise are selected as one of the Best 100 Cherry Blossom Viewing Spots in Japan and well-known as one of the best in the prefecture. Also, there are many cultural assets and historic sites around.
- ■Name Tsuruoka Park
- ■Location Babacho, Tsuruoka-shi
- ■Phone number 0235 (25) 2111
From Tsuruoka Station: 10 min by bus bound for Yunohama-Onsen to Shiyakusho-Mae stop; then walk 2 min
From Tsuruoka Interchange of Yamagata Expressway: 10 min by car
From Tsuruoka-Nishi Interchange of Nihonkai Tohoku Expressway: 15 min by car
Please use parking around such as Shiyakusho [city hall] parking No.2.
- ■Contact information Tsuruoka-shi Tourism and Products Division
- ■URL http://www.tsuruokakanko.com/index.html
[Expected Peak of Cherry Blossoms: From middle to late April]
- Yamagata Hina Dolls
- Elegant Trip to Visit Hina Dolls and Kyoto Culture
- Popular Cherry Blossom Viewing Spots in Yamagata
- Enjoy Spring Festivals!
- Virid Spots of Yamagata
- Let's Enjoy Autumn Festivals
- Visit famous fall foliage places
- Let's visit Wineries
- Shinsoba Festival
Welcome to the Yamagata Prefecture
Yamagata Tourism Information