Maiko Ja-ya (tea house) Soma-ro Yumeji Takehisa Museum

Maiko Chaya Hinagura Garo: Somaro Yumeji Takehisa Museum まいこちゃや そうまろう たけひさゆめじびじゅつかん
New World of Gorgeousness and Grace Comes to Life Again
Originally opened as one of the famous Japanese restaurants in Sakata during Edo-era, “Somaya” underwent renovation and reopened as “Somaro” in March, 2000.
Right after burnt down during 1894 Shonai Earthquake, its main building was rebuilt surrounding the remnant of storehouses and registered as national cultural asset in November, 1996.
Somaro came back to life again by adding new features through renovation: a room with 20 tatami mats was turned to be “Sabou Kutsurogidokoro” (tearoom) on the first floor; a hall on the second floor became a dining hall where you can enjoy not only dinner but also Maiko’s dance; and the kitchen is now used as practice room for Sakata Maiko.
Spare some time to take a look at Hiha-ningyo and aged fine arts displayed in the building, and also bijin-ga and photograghs of Yumeji Takehisa at Takehisa Yumeji Museum in the premise.

  • Name Maiko Ja-ya (tea house) Soma-ro Yumeji Takehisa Museum
  • Location Maikozaka, 1 Hiyoshi-cho, Sakata-shi
  • Phone number 0234-21-2310
  • Business Hours 10:00-17:00
    ※Maiko entertainment starts from 14:00 
  • Closed On Wednesdays
    on Year-end New Year holidays
  • Access From JR Sakata Station: 6 min by car
    From Sakata Interchange of Nihon-kai Tohoku Express way: 17 min by car
  • Parking lot 15 lots available
    Available for large vehicle
  • Contact information Maiko Ja-ya (tea house) Soma-ro Yumeji Takehisa Museum
  • URL
  • Remarks Please confirm detailed contents such as rates from homepage
Spot List
Access Map
[Last updated] November 16, 2019
Sightseeing Search
Yamagata Weather Forecast

Total:152,678,305 Today:64,944 Yesterday:93,437