One of Six sokushinbutsu in Shonai is enshrined
Tetsuryukai-shonin, who endured especially strict practice of Shojin-kessai fasting grains during his ascetic training at Dewasanzan, then entered nyujozuka alive and became sokushinbutsu, is enshrined. There is also a shrine in which enshrines Toshie Chonan who was officially acknowledged her supernatural power by the Supreme Court in Meiji Era.
- ■Name Nangakuji
- ■Location 3-6 Sunadamachi, Tsuruoka-shi
- ■Phone number 0235-23-5054
- ■Business Hours 8:30-16:00
- ■Closed January 2, May 13
400 yen for adults 200 yen for children
※[June 12, 2017] It is current information.
As it may be different from fact,
For more details, please refer directly.
From Tsuruoka Station: 15 min by bus bound for Atsumi Onsen to Nangakuji-mae stop
From Tsuruoka Interchange of Yamagata Expressway: 5 min by car
From Tsuruoka-Nishi Interchange of Nihonkai Tohoku Expressway 10 min by car
- ■Parking lot Available 10 lots available
- ■Contact information Nangakuji
- Yamagata Hina Dolls
- Popular Cherry Blossom Viewing Spots in Yamagata
- Enjoy Spring Festivals!
- Virid Spots of Yamagata
- Mt. 100 people trekking & alpine plant
- Let's Enjoy Autumn Festivals
- Visit famous fall foliage places
- Let's visit Wineries
- Shinsoba Festival
Welcome to the Yamagata Prefecture
Yamagata Weather Forecast