Matsugasaki Shrine

Matsugasaki Shrine まつがさきじんじゃ
Prince enshrined deity Uesugi Lord Yozan, Kagekatsu Uesugi, Kanetsugu Naoe, Heishu Hosoi, Masatsuna Takemata, Yoshimasa Nozokido
Yozan Uesugi worshiped with Kenshin Uesugi in Uesugi Shrine in 1902 was separately enshrined in Matsugasaki Shrine.
saiko does ceremony for moving a deity to a new site on newly-built palace building, September 28 and, in 1912, ranks among prefectural shrine and is appointed in shinsenheihakuryokyosusumishinsha (shinsenheihakuryogushinjinja).
Trace that site became Prince Kagekatsu palace, nochi heir palace.
In September, 1919, enshrine village shrine Kasuga Shrine together, and Kagekatsu Uesugi is enshrined together in 1923, and, in 1938, praise achievement of Kanetsugu Naoe in commemoration of the Yonezawa municipal organization enforcement 50th anniversary newly; and hai*. hai* did Mr. teacher Heishu Hosoi of Uesugi Lord Yozan, chief vassal Masatsuna Takemata (takenomatamasatsuna), Yoshimasa Nozokido (peek Yoshimasa).

 Annual festival April 30 (spring festival) and Sep last Saturday (autumn festival). Spring festival is included during "Yonezawa Uesugi Festival" (from April 29 to May 3) period and is full of people of prayer day after day.

There is monument of address of biography country of Yozan Uesugi in the precincts.
  • Name Matsugasaki Shrine
  • Location 1-1, Marunouchi, Yonezawa-shi
  • Phone number 0238-22-3189
  • Access "Former Uesugi Shrine" bus ride for Shirabu Hot Springs than Yonezawa Station is a 5-minute walk from getting off
  • Parking lot About 300 lots available at Matsugasaki Omatsuri Hiroba parking
  • Contact information Matsugasaki Shrine (Uesugi Shrine)
Spot List
Access Map
[Last updated] February 08, 2017
Sightseeing Search
Yamagata Weather Forecast

Total:152,678,305 Today:64,944 Yesterday:93,437