Zao Kanjiki Trekking ざおうかんじきとれっきんぐ
The statue of Zao Jizoson [Ksitigarbha] comes into sight as soon as you go out of Jizo- Sancho Station. Buried in snow up to its shoulders at this time of year, the Jizoson gets its eye on hikers. Why don’t you get familiar with nature, surrounded by soft rime, also called ice monster, and sparkling rime ice?
- ■Name Zao Kanjiki Trekking
- ■Location Zao Onsen, Yamagata-shi: Juhyogen Tansaku Courses and others
- ■Phone number 023-694-9328
- ■FAX number 023-694-9327
From Yamagata Station: 45 min by bus
From Yamagata-Zao Interchange: 35 min by car by way of Nishi Zao Kogen Line
- ■Contact information Zao Onsen Tourism Association
- ■URL http://www.zao-spa.or.jp/
◎Zao center plateau snowshoe Snow hike (there is no guide)
Open: From Monday, January 15, 2018 to Sunday, March 25
Trekking that is willful at own pace
◎Winter Okama Viewing Tour (accompanied by guide)
Open: March 21, 2018 Wednesday (holiday) ～ Tuesday, April 10
※Reservation required by 2 days before with a group of 2 or more people.
(For contact and application)
Zao Ropeway Sanroku Station (telephone) 023-694-9518
- ■Others ◆As we walk on winter mountain, warm clothing suited for winter mountain trekking is strongly recommended.
- Yamagata Hina Dolls
- Elegant Trip to Visit Hina Dolls and Kyoto Culture
- Popular Cherry Blossom Viewing Spots in Yamagata
- Enjoy Spring Festivals!
- Virid Spots of Yamagata
- Let's Enjoy Autumn Festivals
- Visit famous fall foliage places
- Let's visit Wineries
- Shinsoba Festival
Welcome to the Yamagata Prefecture
Yamagata Tourism Information