Sokushinbutsu of Komyokai-shonin is enshrined at Zokoin. This sokushinbutsu was found by excavating based on local lore of Kurogamo settlement that there was someone who left will which said “I’m going to be a sokushinbutsu; please dig me up 100 years later.” There are also Anzan-jizo [guardian deity for easy labor], Kosodate-jizo [guardian deity for child-raising], and Enmei-jizo [guardian deity for longevity] enshrined.
- ■Name Zokoin
- ■Location 544-1 Kurogamo, Shirataka-machi, Nishiokitama-gun
- ■Phone number 0238-85-0107
- ■Contact information Joanji
- Yamagata Hina Dolls
- Elegant Trip to Visit Hina Dolls and Kyoto Culture
- Popular Cherry Blossom Viewing Spots in Yamagata
- Enjoy Spring Festivals!
- Virid Spots of Yamagata
- Let's Enjoy Autumn Festivals
- Visit famous fall foliage places
- Let's visit Wineries
- Shinsoba Festival
Welcome to the Yamagata Prefecture
Yamagata Tourism Information