Article Details page

Trip to Yamagata

Yonezawa-shi| Trip to feel breath of the castle town Yonezawa history of Uesugi

Trip to feel breath of the castle town Yonezawa history of Uesugi

Flow of the whole Courses
The time required
It is approximately five hours on foot
Remarks
  • JR Yonezawa Station (car than Tohoku Chuo Expressway Yonezawa north IC approximately 15 minutes, 6.7km)
  • Admission ticket "pass which Yonezawa watches" common throughout advantageous Uesugi culture facility
  • Pass (all Yonezawa city route buses daily free-to-ride ticket) which Yonezawa gets on
  • Rent-a-bicycle (from the middle of April to November) Association of Yonezawa Sightseeing and Products tourist information center Station rent-a-car Yonezawa station square
Start
Uesugi Jinja Shrine
It is to Yonezawa Castle trace, and Kenshin Uesugi is worshiped.
We were rebuilt by Yonezawa big fire for destruction by fire, 12 years in 1919 by doctor of engineering from Yonezawa-shi, design of Chuta Ito. You can also visit Keisho-den in the premise which houses a collection of cultural properties related to Uesugi Family, and Yonezawa-shi Uesugi Museum nearby. Annual festival is held on April 29. Also, the shrine is used as the venue of Yonezawa Uesugi Festival and Uesugi Yuki-Doro Festival. It becomes famous spot of cherry tree.
For more details, from this
Uesugi Jinja Shrine
Approximately 1 minute on foot
Keishoden
It is displayed rouge place snow guard willow paulownia sentence plain silk trunk clothes, shoku々odoshifukukan, important post cultural assets, approximately 1,000 points including sword head light that Kenshin wore.
For more details, from this
Uesugi Shrine keishoden
Approximately 3 minutes on foot
Uesugi Museum
"Denkoku-no-Mori (museum)" was born as museum, culture facility in Yonezawa-shi, Yamagata on September 29, 2001. In this facility, prefectural "Okitama culture hall" and two of municipal "Yonezawa-shi Uesugi Museum" were performed go* of. We hold music, event thing including drama in "Okitama culture hall".
For more details, from this
Uesugi Jinja Shrine
  • Circulation bus (clockwise) approximately ten minutes
  • Getting off at burial ground west exit is approximately 5 minutes on foot
Uesugi-ke Byosho [Mausoleum of Uesugi Family]
Joss house of person of Uesugi since Prince Kenshin stands in a row. As for the joss house of Prince Kenshin in the center, it was done shinei in 1876.
For more details, from this
Uesugi-ke Byosho [Mausoleum of Uesugi Family]
  • Circulation bus approximately three minutes
  • The Yamadai front gate or two center field getting off is approximately 5 minutes on foot
Kasugasan Rinsenji temple
Kagekatsu Uesugi was erected in the present location in 1617. Including the Uesugi wives of a nobleman such as picturesque scenery reception room chrysanthemum princess (Mrs. Koshu), Yozan concubine rich no, grave of 4 daikoshoseishitsuhimehime (Masayuki Hoshina daughter), there are direct river and mountain defense of a castle and couple sequel to, grave of Nobukiyo Takeda (6 men of Shingen) tojosugishishiko.
For more details, from this
Kasugasan Rinsenji temple
  • Circulation bus (counter-clockwise direction) approximately five minutes
  • Getting off at in Omachi or Omachi 1 is approximately 2 minutes on foot
Sake-no-Sakagura
In hall which we established to have Kojima Sohonten (1597 founding) of "Toko" is old and deepen understanding of sake in Yonezawa feudal clan order liquor shop, we can enjoy various display of the reconstruction and sake brewing of house of liquor brewing. Free sampling is substantial at stand.
Kyoho Hina Doll is displayed in room in the Edo era of possession in winter.
For more details, from this
Sake-no-Sakagura
  • Circulation bus (counter-clockwise direction) approximately 15 minutes
  • Getting off at Yonezawa Station is approximately 5 minutes on foot
Miyasaka Archaeology Museum
More than 700 points of tangible cultural properties of native district around old Yonezawa feudal clan territory are stored. 56 points of armor, gun 30 monme pipe eight points, sword brim 150 points, coat of arms 31 points, excavated article 110 points.
For more details, from this
Miyasaka Archaeology Museum
Approximately 5 minutes on foot
JR Yonezawa Station

2018.01.20:
Sightseeing information search

Total:150,494,865 Today:69,565 Yesterday:75,015